Declined
Last Updated: 23 Jan 2020 10:37 by ADMIN
Michael Sogos
Created on: 29 Jul 2012 17:00
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
custom css classname
Hi,

I good idea could be if we can define a "Top Level Class Name" for css class to custom stylesheet produced by themebuilder.

Example:
Image to use one of your standard stylesheet 

if i have

in my page (razor)

@(Html.Kendo().DropDownList().Name("ControlName")  ... )

that for sure render with the theme loaded in html header section

and after  i put

<div class="MyCustomClassNameForKendoUiWidget">
   @(Html.Kendo().DropDownList().Name("ControlName2")
</div>

that will be render with an different stylesheet loaded in header section of my page and that was produced by your ThemeBuilder

What i obtain is to use different styles for KendoUI widget in same page.
2 comments
ADMIN
Dimo
Posted on: 23 Jan 2020 10:37

Hi Michael,

Using several themes on the same page may make sense in some scenarios, but the interest in this feature has been pretty low.

I am closing this item. However, it is possible to achieve the desired result if you edit the custom CSS themes manually and add an additional class for the outer container.

Regards,
Dimo
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Michael Sogos
Posted on: 10 Sep 2012 10:44
Sorry, a better way to describe this comment is to use more than one theme at time in same page.

A DIV element on body header that have a black background should have a widget with a theme "dark", while in the normal body content that have a white background should have a widget with a "light" theme.

So, two different theme in same page. Is this already possible?