I suggest you ...

ability to show/hide columns in grid

It would be great if users could hide or show columns. Typically this would be done by a popup with on the right a list of all displayed columns, on the left a list of all hidden columns. Users move columns to the right or left by using arrows, double-click or drag-drop. In the same pop-up they should be able to change the order of the columns.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PhillipPhillip shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dr. YSGDr. YSG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added a kendoWindow popup to a grid that shows all the available fields in a datasource that is bound to the Grid. Now I want the user be able to turn on or off particular columns. The kendoWindow is filled with checkboxes filled in from the datasource (and a SELECT ALL checkbox on top that is tri-state for selecting all, some or none of the other boxes.

I offer my code to you as an example of what I would like

• Dave NavarroDave Navarro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to set a columns width to 0px or 1px so that it simply appears to be hidden?

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if you could specify a css class for the column (with field\title, etc) that would get put on the table body elements as well...then you could at least css it out, no?

Feedback and Knowledge Base