Last Updated: 01 Dec 2021 15:47 by ADMIN
Gary
Created on: 12 Apr 2012 18:22
Category: Data Source
Type: Feature Request
Please allow Headers map to be added to transport for DataSource
Something like this:

transport: {
                            read: "http://localhost/SentryWebAPI/api/Transactions",
                            datatype: "json",
                            headers: { Authorization: "user/password" }
                        },

NOTE: This syntax actually works now but does not get propagated with the HTTP request Headers.

I think this would be a simple fix as JQuery.$ajax supports this. It would make custom transport level security possible. There are a lot of requests for security and this would allow a roll-your-own method.
4 comments
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 01 Dec 2021 15:47

Hello,

The requested can be achieved using the approach demonstrated here.

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Robert
Posted on: 11 Jan 2013 18:45
I don't even use the built in methods of pulling information from a service for 2 reasons.
1. Requests are made via GET instead of POST, at least when I inititally started.
2. For the reason mentioned above, can't secure service calls

I ended up building my own Javascript Proxy Generator which supports Headers/POSTs, and set viewmodel datasources myself. All calls including autocomplete end up going through this custom process.

I work in Insurance industry so it needs to be a POST so all data sent is encrypted on HTTPS, and needs to have custom headers to allow for security information to be passed.

+3 votes
HakKeun
Posted on: 09 Oct 2012 03:23
I'm late to find this. How is going on ?
Tom
Posted on: 01 May 2012 01:20
Was this ever set up?