Unplanned
Last Updated: 22 Feb 2022 06:57 by ADMIN
Nohinn
Created on: 06 Mar 2012 14:10
Category: Splitter
Type: Feature Request
Splitter easing animation
Some kind of animation for the splitters when you collapse/expand them?
Even nowadays there are people not used to the web environment, and if the collapsible pane just hides instantly (or almost) they will first think 'Where did my *whatever* went!?' so having some kind of easing they would see where did it go.
16 comments
ADMIN
Neli
Posted on: 22 Feb 2022 06:57

Hello Ros Jason,

Thank you for sharing your idea with our community. I am sure it will be helpful to the other users as well.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Ros Jason
Posted on: 15 Feb 2022 14:04

btw I customized splitter transition.

I added transition to the split bar and also created a CSS class with transition.

Put the CSS class to the one of the panes.

Ros Jason
Posted on: 15 Feb 2022 08:25
still no animation?
Florian
Posted on: 22 Mar 2019 12:53

+1 Please animate splitter

This should be a basic configuration for a commercial product!

Prashanth
Posted on: 05 Feb 2019 02:24
+1 Please animate splitter
ADMIN
Ivan Danchev
Posted on: 23 Jan 2019 13:52
Hello,

Unfortunately, this feature is still not approved for implementation. It is one that has been logged a long time ago, but hasn't received much support by the community and thus other more anticipated features have been approved and implemented in its place.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
michael
Posted on: 16 Jan 2019 21:36
It's 2019 now...  Any word on this?
Florian
Posted on: 29 May 2017 12:25
> We'll evaluate the option to implement transition animation for the splitter on expand/collapse in 2016, guys
It's 2017 now .. looks like it wasn't implemented. Can't find anything in the documentation.
I would like to have control over the expand/collapse animation timing.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 13 Oct 2015 09:49
We'll evaluate the option to implement transition animation for the splitter on expand/collapse in 2016, guys.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 13 Oct 2015 09:48
Animation effect might indeed be useful to the end users. Will pass your feedback to the product team
Paolo Ascari
Posted on: 09 Oct 2015 07:50
2015 and nothing yet?... :(
Imported User
Posted on: 28 May 2014 09:40
Yes, it is very necessary for our web apps.
Omar
Posted on: 17 Apr 2014 11:03
can you add animation config when you collapse or expand kendo ui splitter.
Sarah
Posted on: 06 Nov 2012 23:57
Yes! This is a feature I would implement immediately. Would be a welcomed improvement.
bob
Posted on: 23 Sep 2012 15:17
I second the opinion; am now looking at the jqueryUI one (based on extJS) because of this KendoUI 'omission' ( http://layout.jquery-dev.net/demos.cfm  )     Please add it!
Craig
Posted on: 25 May 2012 15:17
Just asked about this in the forums. Just some simple timing/fade animation would be extremely helpful. I think a lot of us have become accustomed with what we can do with jQuery.

If Kendo is to become a serious HTML5 framework this will be a requirement for UX. Designers spend a lot of time on how they want the app to feel. With no animation all of the controls have a jarring impact and no matter how pretty the app is the interaction is harsh.

Maybe some hooks into the existing jQuery animations?

Craig