Unplanned
Last Updated: 20 Jan 2020 13:33 by ADMIN
Karl
Created on: 10 Feb 2012 15:03
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Toggle edit mode on/off for Grid
It would be nice to have the possiblity to toggle edit mode on and off for the Grid.
Use case: Often users find things that need changing whilst browsing data. In those cases it would be nice to have a toggle button in the toolbar that enables and disables edit mode. n quiting edit mode the users
5 comments
Robert
Posted on: 28 Sep 2014 21:48
In my application, my visualizations are constantly switching context between the user's own data, and someone else's. The user cannot edit someone else's data, so it would be really nice if you could add a function grid.editable(false), and have the grid dynamically remove its own toolbar and row button elements w/o me having to figure it out manually.
Mickey
Posted on: 31 Dec 2013 11:08
I would love to use it as well
Noel
Posted on: 28 Dec 2012 05:11
I vote for this feature to be implemented. It improves visual experience when the user only wants to browse. Imagine a textarea as one of the columns.
Derek
Posted on: 17 Oct 2012 15:09
This functionality is CRUCIAL for enterprise applications (possibly a different use case than a standard website), where based on certain data transitions or contexts the grid needs to be disabled from inline editing.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 10 Feb 2012 15:12
We will monitor the interest in your proposition. For now you may consider disabling the editing option in each fo the rows on demand programmatically.