Completed
Last Updated: 27 May 2019 10:12 by ADMIN
Bobby
Created on: 19 Jan 2012 15:17
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Built in PDF Viewer control for Both Kendo UI and Kendo UI Mobile
It would be nice to have a built in PDF viewer control in the Kendo UI and Kendo UI Mobile. Especially Mobile so we do not have to search the net for decent controls that may or may not work for the different devices.
25 comments
Mohsen
Posted on: 27 Feb 2019 13:00

This is great feature as I am attempting to do this in my environment which is .Net core project.

In addition conversion from any document types to pdf would be very handy.

Suggestion: I am using iFrame control and convert everything to a byte array and render it in my pages.

Mohsen Bolhassani

AAR Landing Gear Services | 9371 NW 100th St, Miami, FL 33178

Cell 305-803-9575

ADMIN
Joana
Posted on: 22 Jan 2019 07:48
Hi all,

Thank you all for your interest in the implementation of a PDF Viewer.

We are currently researching and evaluating the request. 

Regards,
Joana
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tejas
Posted on: 17 Jan 2019 16:29

I am thinking for the same. I am looking for Mobile, ASP.Net Ajax, ASP.Net MVC and ASP.Net Core. You guys will sure use your magic wand with development team and make this happen. This is a game changer. Waiting...

jiri
Posted on: 03 Jan 2019 14:25
Please add an pdf viewer
Imported User
Posted on: 28 Oct 2018 13:03
Why not use open source mozilla one PDFJs. Developed by large community.
I think this is bad idea. Requires to many resources for something freely available 
Jay
Posted on: 26 Sep 2018 15:54
I see that WPF has the PDF viewer, would be nice to have it in MVC. Exploring all sorts of options to just view (no print, copy, edit, etc...) the pdf file in web site. I don't really want to create a WPF application just to view these file to remote users...
Arne
Posted on: 03 Aug 2018 09:17
Please add an pdf viewer
Diana
Posted on: 28 Mar 2018 16:45
We need the ability to not only view using the pdf but the ability to actually pull data out of a pdf using adobe's api's would be great too
Mark
Posted on: 01 Feb 2018 22:31
Yes add this.  would be really nice of all types of docs too, not just PDF
Imported User
Posted on: 24 Jan 2018 09:18
Please add PDF Viewer Control in MVC Krndo
Jason
Posted on: 10 Nov 2017 18:32
I see this capability has been requested since 2012.  Comments from Admin that it would be considered in 2016 for roadmap.  It appears to have the most votes of all of the suggestions I looked through.  I haven't been able to locate this in Demos.  Any word?  Am I just missing it?  I hate to go a different route, but anyone have recommended workarounds if it's not going to be built for KendoUI? 
Imported User
Posted on: 10 Oct 2017 09:01
Very little competition in this market for document centric applications. An MVC core control would be a life saver for our companies product.
Waz
Posted on: 02 Aug 2017 01:57
The links with possible solutions below are old and most the PDF.js links they refer to are dead.  

I am certainly also after a PDF viewer.  In particular, we'd like to display pages of the PDF without the user having access to the PDF file (do they can't easily share the PDF with someone else - if it is private or sensitive).
Graham
Posted on: 08 Feb 2017 20:34
This is much a game changer!
Diego
Posted on: 03 Aug 2016 09:48
I don't see why this would be an important functionality. There is pdf.js, it's a nice community-driven viewer supported by Mozilla. Integration should be very easy. You can find ASP.NET example here:
http://www.telerik.com/blogs/building-an-asp.net-pdf-viewer-with-telerik-window-control-and-pdf-js
ADMIN
Petyo
Posted on: 26 May 2016 08:11
Thanks for sharing your moot with us.
Daniel
Posted on: 19 Nov 2015 12:38
Good PDF viewers are hard to come by, I agree a viewer for both Kendo UI & Mobile would be a great addition. Full text search would be brilliant, a component vey much like https://pspdfkit.com/ please!
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 30 Sep 2015 08:19
Appreciate the feedback, guys. The inclusion of such a widget will be discussed as part of our roadmap planning meetings in 2016.
Nelson
Posted on: 29 Sep 2015 15:49
I vote for Yes! Feature really important. Expect to see it running in the next release, based on JavaScript/HTML 5, once all browsers are quitting the use of Java and Flash
Nishal
Posted on: 01 Jul 2015 17:14
Render PDF file is a requirement for the companies working on scanning domain. This is a much needed feature to MVC.
Imported User
Posted on: 30 Jun 2015 14:17
This control would be very fantastic in mobile application.

In some cases we need to show a pdf format (bill, documents created in pdf with copyrights) in a mobile application.

Regards
James
Posted on: 16 Oct 2013 10:03
Agree - this is the major stumbling block for us in looking beyond Silverlight. When we do need to, proper PDF integration is a must.
Manjunath
Posted on: 02 May 2012 08:17
Hi,is there any option export kendo chart to pdf ? 
  total rended page on client side export to pdf including kendo chart ?
replay..
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 25 Jan 2012 09:44
Thanks for sharing the link! We will delve further into it.
Bobby
Posted on: 23 Jan 2012 23:41
this may be a start position .. its open source .. http://andreasgal.com/2011/06/15/pdf-js/

if you accept my idea or not, Thanks for listening anyway!