Declined
Last Updated: 03 Sep 2021 05:06 by ADMIN
Chris
Created on: 18 Jan 2012 03:47
Category: Templates
Type: Feature Request
Server Rendering for Templates
Add Server-side rendering engines for templates.  I would love them in .Net first and then php and then Ruby.  Having server side is huge for SEO and with a rendering engine could basically take a huge chunk of server code out of the mix and just replace with templates.
4 comments
ADMIN
Ianko
Posted on: 03 Sep 2021 05:06

Hello Folks,

I am afraid this is not technically possible for the wrapped components included in the Telerik UI for MVC, Telerik UI for Core, PHP and JSP. Due to the nature of the client-side widgets and the server-side wrappers utilizing them even server-side data binding would actually output client-side binding and from that client-side templating. Any possible server-side templating could be available only for native server-side components where server-side binding is an option without passing the data to the client-side widget. 

Regaerds,
Ianko
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Titus
Posted on: 12 Nov 2015 16:45
Hi this has been something that has stopped me for purchasing.  I tried the server end wrapper but if I recall correctly it just translates the respective JSP/PHP/.NET wrappers into the HTML/JS equivalent (ie you'll still see the same thing as if you coded using the non server wrapper version).
Imported User
Posted on: 26 Nov 2014 11:06
Isn't this what using the MVC wrappers would achieve?
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 18 Jan 2012 15:07
We may consider that when implementing extensions for popular server frameworks in the future.