Completed
Last Updated: 20 Nov 2014 18:18 by ADMIN
patrickdelaet
Created on: 02 Dec 2011 18:38
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Medium demo app
I'm following the launch of Kendo UI closely.
IMHO what Kendo has to do right now is post a demo of a medium sized web app (>20 screens) showing us how to integrate al the pages eg via the menu widget.
The To-Do-List sample app is learning us nothing.
2 years ago, I've bought, studied, tested, flamed, ... ExtJs and never got to the point of building a decent web app.
This was THE MAJOR complaint of the ExtJs newsgroups. They have a lot of small widget demos but how do we integrate them into a medium sized app eg a webshop.
So, Kendo UI, please don't make the same mistake. 
Show us a medium sized web app with all the widgets and - most important - how they interact with each other.

regards

Patrick De Laet
patrick@fijisoft.be
8 comments
Shawn
Posted on: 11 Jul 2012 21:40
Can you send a link to where it is located?
ADMIN
Brandon
Posted on: 11 Jul 2012 21:19
Today, in the keynote, we announced the HTML5 Camera and Team Thing Demo apps, both of which use Kendo UI
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 27 Apr 2012 08:09
Thank you for your extensive feedback, TonyG. I will pass it to the product team to be pondered on for the future releases of the Kendo UI framework.
Tony
Posted on: 26 Apr 2012 16:16
Hi Kenshin,

Thanks. Yes, I've gone through these tutorials and have already built some very handy editable grids, however, there are no examples (PHP/MYSQL) t5hat cover, for example, getting a custom editor list dropdownlist working. I have tried to combine these samples with a grid with a DDlist and can not get it to work. 

The Kendo UI is a truly fantastic framework and I'm planning on using it a lot. However, it seems the examples and framework itself have been designed for existing asp.net Telerik tool users, which is to be expected. For new features like the custom editor it would be best if the examples actually work in what is arguably the 2 most used platforms in your market (PHP and dotnet) when they are added to the framework.

I have several large projects in the works and have purchased a few RAD tools and HTML5 frameworks that I'm evaluating for use in these projects. They are all PHP/MYSQL based projects, so being able to do simple CRUD operations with all of the UI widgets incorporated is a feature that I'm most interested in. 

I'll probably need, as a result of the lack of a fully featured sample application, support incidents, paid or unpaid, to get projects off the ground quickly with Kendo UI. I'm willing to do that, but many may not be. It really shouldn't be that difficult or time consuming to put an application sample together, after all, the whole idea of a framework like this is RAD with quality tools....the fact that it will take a few months for Kendo to come up with a demo app is not encouraging. If it takes that long for the guys who developed these tools to build a simple php app, how long will take me and my team?

Thanks again and I hope you don't take this as negative feedback, but as constructive criticism from a license owner and real fan of the product. I think this is going to be the main framework for my php/mysql application development in medium to large projects and I'm doing what I can to push the RAD aspect in these early stages. At some point I'd like to see a designer app (alla ext and others) but let's start with working examples and a sample app in my language of choice that incorporates as much of the UI as possible.

Thanks again for listening. It another reason I bought this library. I'm impressed with the company's interaction with customers. It's very important to me.

ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 26 Apr 2012 12:30
Thanks for the comments, TonyG. By the way, you may be interested in exploring the sample app from the following blog post series:

http://www.kendoui.com/blogs/teamblog/posts/12-01-18/get_rolling_with_kendo_ui_and_php_ndash_part_1.aspx

http://www.kendoui.com/blogs/teamblog/posts/12-01-25/get_rolling_with_kendo_ui_and_php_ndash_part_2.aspx
Tony
Posted on: 25 Apr 2012 17:32
If you are going to provide a medium sized demo app please make sure there is a php version as well and make sure it actually works with real data. I'm running into several problems with the demos on the site working when they are hooked up to data sources, particularly the custom editor feature and there is no working example anywhere. If you are going to provide examples they should cover PHP as well and work with the northwind database. 

I own the commercial license and would really appreciate working examples in PHP.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 25 Jan 2012 09:55
Not now, but we will have one for the next major release of Kendo UI Web, due in March - see the official roadmap here: http://www.kendoui.com/web/roadmap.aspx
Jayalakshmi
Posted on: 24 Jan 2012 07:43
Do we have a KendoUI similar to that of Infragistic web HTML Editor