Declined
Last Updated: 31 Mar 2022 07:59 by ADMIN
Thomas
Created on: 30 May 2017 07:55
Category: Dialog
Type: Feature Request
kendo dialog draggable option
Please support Kendo Dialog draggable option just like kendo window does. I don't see any reason why this option is not supported.
Thank you.
8 comments
ADMIN
Martin
Posted on: 31 Mar 2022 07:59

Hello, Nicola,

Thank you for your feedback.

Currently we are considering one of two options - a Window with action buttons or a Dialog with drag and resize options. That is still in discussion internally. Until then, an integration with kendoDraggable is possible to achieve the scenario partially. Here is a small possible implementation that will allow the user to drag the Dialog if it is covering some data.

This feature request will remain closed for now. We will share when we have further information on the matter.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

nicolaken
Posted on: 24 Mar 2022 12:27

Please reconsider this option.

A scenario could be that to the user is asked someting and the dialog covers the data that he wants to see before answering.

I used the treeview insied the dialog as per your example and my user asked me the ability to move the dialog in the page.

Esref
Posted on: 09 Jun 2021 20:06
I agree Thomas. It's necessary in Dialog.
ADMIN
Nencho
Posted on: 21 Apr 2021 14:34

Hello,

As Plamen Zdravkov explained: In general the main conceptual design difference between our Dialog and the Window across all our suites is that the Window can be dragged and resized while the Dialog don't have these features. And due to inactivity after the response, we are declining this request.

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik

Тhe web is about to get a bit better! 

The Progress Hack-For-Good Challenge has started. Learn how to enter and make the web a worthier place: https://progress-worthyweb.devpost.com.

ADMIN
Plamen
Posted on: 22 Dec 2020 14:44

Hi,

Thank you for voting and for sharing your cases.

As far as I understand the scenario what we need here is a widget that has both action buttons and is resizable and draggable. Please correct me if your scenario is somehow different!

In general the main conceptual design difference between our Dialog and the Window across all our suites is that the Window can be dragged and resized while the Dialog don't have these features. Having this in mind in order to help you achieve your cases we would rather have to enhance our Window with the ability to define 'actions' in a similar way the Dialog is doing it currently than adding resize and move to our Dialog widget.

We will review the feature once again - meanwhile I am providing a temporary solution that can be used with both action buttons and resizing and drag - https://dojo.telerik.com/@zdravkov/uBUYEREn

Regards,
Plamen
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

n/a
Posted on: 15 Dec 2020 15:11

Dragging a dialog is a very common feature present in other libraries. It's very useful when you want to take a look at what's behind the dialog, especially on modal mode. We bought a number of developer licences to evaluate KendoUI library and not having this basic feature might impact our decision about renewing, let alone buying more licenses.

Bryan Patrick
Posted on: 22 Feb 2018 17:05
I agree with Ken although resizing is not as important to me as dragging.
Ken
Posted on: 26 Jun 2017 16:51
And resizing also.  I would like to be able to both drag around and resize the dialog.  it would also be great if I could set the initial location of the dialog in by either relative position of absolute position.