Completed
Last Updated: 20 Sep 2021 15:29 by ADMIN
Eric
Created on: 03 Mar 2017 16:12
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Stop Data Aggregation for Date Axis
Data aggregation is not always desired with date data.  Scatter plots do not work well with dates.  I want to map every point of data I have without having them aggregated in different BaseUnitSteps.

I'd like an option to turn off data aggregation for date series.
2 comments
ADMIN
T. Tsonev
Posted on: 20 Sep 2021 15:29

Hello,

By default the chart will choose a time unit (baseUnit) that is small enough to display each point in the source data set. This comes with its own problems, e.g. when two data points are 1s apart, but the third one is 1y later. Scatter plots do not aggregate data series at all.

It's also possible to ignore the value type and switch the axis to type: "category" to render dates as text. Note that this no longer faithfully reproduces time ranges.

That said, we're looking for improvements to the way dates are handled that allows high performance without reducing the data set via aggregates.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Sergey
Posted on: 16 May 2017 11:13
This is very natural functionality that one would expect from any charting library. Forcing aggregation is something unheard of as it changes the shape of data and can hide important features of the data.