Completed
Last Updated: 29 Sep 2020 12:26 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 04 Nov 2016 17:58
Category: Gantt
Type: Feature Request
Support for Actual and Planned Comparison in Gantt Chart
Most of the time project managers would like to compare planned start & end dates vs actual start and end dates in gantt view. This feature is not supported by current Gantt chart. What I'm envisioning is something similar to the implementation of Gantt chart by Fusion Charts. (http://www.fusioncharts.com/charts/gantt-charts/). Displaying delays in actual task compared to plan would be an an added advantage. This feature may be implemented using a task template, but it's nice to have feature in the control.
12 comments
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 29 Sep 2020 12:26

Fantastic Kasim! I'm glad that you like the approach that we took.

I made a note in our backlog around adding configuration options around the planned bar in this view, but I would also encourage submitting a new feedback portal item specifically for this feature under the Gantt component to help others track, vote, and comment on this feature.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive, special prizes, and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Kasim
Posted on: 29 Sep 2020 04:45

Hi Carl,

Greetings!!

Thank you for giving the appropriate explanation of the implementation. I surely like the new implementation and in-fact it is better thought of then other counterparts. 

I know, I am asking for more, if we could have some customization options available for the planned bar that would be really great.

ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 28 Sep 2020 19:39

Hey Kasim!

Just to make sure that we are looking at the same thing, in the demos linked the following items are the Planned Tasks, which should allow folks to compared planned and actual items at the same time.

Kendo UI Gantt - Planned vs Actual with planned items highlighted with arrows

We went through a couple of design iterations, some which included having "full" bars for both planned and actual. However, for particularly busy Gantt charts this became overly busy and we found that it was a bit cleaner to focus on the actual items to have full bars, while we made the planned tasks height a bit smaller. Hence, the lines that I highlighted above with indicators for start and end time.

Of course, we can always iterate on top of this functionality. If folks viewing this item want to have an alternate way to view this interface (even if it is a busier one) I recommend creating a new feedback portal item to highlight this functionality so that we can have a discussion around what this would look like in a dedicated thread.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Kasim
Posted on: 20 Sep 2020 04:29

Dear Carl,

The new implementation is useless. I can't see both planned and actual at the same time. Purpose is not solved.

ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 17 Sep 2020 18:01

Hi everyone!

As an update to this thread, with R3 2020 we introduced the Planned vs. Actual switch as a part of the Kendo UI Gantt component. If you head over to the Planned vs Actual Gantt demo you can see that there is a toggle switch that allows users to switch between the two views with ease.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive , special prizes and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Kasim
Posted on: 10 Dec 2019 09:47
FusionCharts has given a very good option https://www.fusioncharts.com/charts/gantt-charts/gantt-showing-planning-vs-actuals?framework=javascript to compare Planned Vs Actuals.
Murtadha
Posted on: 15 Oct 2019 15:18

Greetings,

This feature is extremely needed and one of the basic functionalities in any Gantt Chart.

I hope that it gets implemented soon.

Thanks.

Ramya
Posted on: 28 Sep 2018 14:37
The comparison feature is really required for the project management to easily compare the Actual and Planned Task.I would really appreciate if you bring up any new functionality.
Imported User
Posted on: 11 Jun 2018 21:31
Another possible implementation: https://www.anychart.com/products/anygantt/gallery/Gantt_Charts/Planned-vs-Actual_Chart.php
Imported User
Posted on: 10 Jun 2018 13:02
I need it too.
Imported User
Posted on: 10 Jun 2018 12:16
That would be a great feature! I also need it.
Stefan
Posted on: 11 Feb 2018 10:03
I also need this feature. Planned vs schedule in production / manufacturing environment.