Declined
Last Updated: 10 Jan 2022 15:12 by ADMIN
Andrew
Created on: 21 Sep 2016 17:05
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
More intuitive column resizing for non-scrollable grids
When scrolling is disabled for a grid and column resizing is enabled, resizing a column acts in a strange manner and attempts to size all columns of the grid.  I would expect that only the two columns on each side of the resize handle should have their widths altered.  Otherwise scenarios can occur where you are completely unable to resize columns.  If this would not be default functionality, I would at least suggest a flag to enable it at grid setup.
1 comment
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 10 Jan 2022 15:12

Hello,

This is the default behavior of the HTML table and is not something we can alter or tweak. In order not have all the columns resized I suggest setting widths to all the columns except one. That way when resizing is performed on another column this column will stretch/shrink to to compensate the action.

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.