A TreeView in ComboBox - once again
A TreeView in ComboBox would be most helpful as both a stand-alone control and when editing within the Grid.
something like this: http://www.brad-smith.info/blog/archives/193 (example from .NET Windows forms world)
* Used for relative small tree data structure.
* User may select one (many) item(s), without _loosing context_ (no interrupting dialog box, 'flat' interface).
* User may accept selection by click on item, or pressing 'enter'.
* User may cancel (hide) popup when click outside control/popup (ie in another control, that received focus) or pressing escape - like in combobox/dropdown.
* It will be nice if user can select items using keyboard arrows.
* After opening popup or selecting item, widget still has focus
* When user types in combo (with open popup), data should be filtered.
* No additional 'ok' or 'cancel' buttons to accept/dismiss selection.
Multiple Selection：DropDownBox with embedded TreeView 、DropDownBox with embedded DataGrid
Single Selection ：DropDownBox with embedded TreeView 、DropDownBox with embedded DataGrid
I'm using Telerik Controls on the WPF and ASP.NET side since many years. I use some KendoUI controls for Special Features for around 3 years and I would like to see more robust business features in KendoUI in the future! For me a good grid/TreeList and a good Combobox/AutoComplete/MultiSelect with list, grid and tree selection - a high performing "All in one Select Control" :-) is very important. KendoUI could close this gap on the HTML5 widget market....
AdminPetyo Ivanov (Admin, Kendo UI) commented
unlike other feature requests, the entire vote count here is from anonymous users. Please consider logging in before voting - thank you!
We really need this feature: http://aspnet.wikidot.com/page:kendoui-ext-api-dropdowntreeview