Completed
Last Updated: 19 Jan 2024 13:36 by ADMIN
Release 2024 Q1
Imported User
Created on: 07 Aug 2016 21:42
Category: UI for ASP.NET MVC
Type: Feature Request
Provide separate content and assembly NuGet packages
Right now the Telerik UI MVC NuGet package is a 30 MB package that installs not just the DLL, but a lot of boilerplate JavaScript and CSS. I prefer to acquire the necessary content via Bower, so I can only install what I need.

Currently, after every upgrade I have to wait for the package to install, then delete all of the unused content files. It would be nice if you supplied an "assembly-only" package, moving the content into an optional package that users who still need it could install. It would reduce upgrade time substantially, as well as offer less chance for a mistake.
2 comments
Rik
Posted on: 26 Jul 2021 10:33

Not sure if this is a valid workaround, but I manually added the package reference to my project (as opposed to using the NuGet CLI/UI. 

<ItemGroup>
      <PackageReference Include="Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Mvc5" Version="2021.2.616" >
        <ExcludeAssets>contentFiles</ExcludeAssets>
        <PrivateAssets>contentFiles</PrivateAssets>
      </PackageReference>
    </ItemGroup>

Rik
Posted on: 23 Jul 2021 14:19
This would help me too.  I have a number of projects that need to reference the assembly but have no need of the Content (e.g. test and infrastructure projects).  Having the Content installed as part of the Nuget is a pain and completely unnecessary