Under Review
Last Updated: 16 Sep 2021 11:24 by ADMIN
Stacey
Created on: 05 May 2016 11:11
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
make the docs easier to find
Right now, the kendo-ui docs are a bit difficult to get to and navigate. They're inherently clear as to where they are, being nested 3 clicks beyond ["SUPPORT AND LEARNING"] in the top menu.

just to illustrate this, I made a video of how you get to the docs from a cold search of kendo ui. It takes way too many page steps just to get to the docs. 

[VIDEO LINK]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0osh6imco5fq08/2016-05-05-2016-01.mp4?dl=0

Once you're there, it's not a bad experience - but still, I think there really ought to be a simple ["DOCUMENTATION]" menu item that is verbose and clear, since "[SUPPORT AND LEARNING]" sounds more like links to classes, tutorials, etc.
2 comments
Stacey
Posted on: 05 May 2016 11:16
An example, yesterday (5/4/201) when the email went out about Kendo release #.##.504, I was super excited to see that Markdown support had been added to the Editor. I instantly went to look at the demos to see if there was one for that, and sadly did not find one. So I kept searching around. I used the search tool on your own site to try and find anything related to markdown.

At the end of the day, I gave up and sent in a support ticket about it. And sure enough I was answered with a link to a documentation about it that I hadn't found in over 2 hours of searching. 

I love the way your site is designed, but I really feel the experience with the docs is just obtuse right now. Of course, now that I know where to go it's simpler. But something as important as the documentation really deserves front-page, clear notice.
Stacey
Posted on: 05 May 2016 11:12
An edit. I meant to say they are NOT inherently clear as to where they are.