Unplanned
Last Updated: 22 Feb 2023 14:55 by Chris
Martin
Created on: 02 May 2016 18:53
Category: Spreadsheet
Type: Feature Request
Kenui UI spreadsheet autofit row height
Ability for spreadsheet row height to be auto set from the row contents. This is to support wrapped text.
9 comments
Chris
Posted on: 22 Feb 2023 14:55

In the dojo example provided, the row height does auto adjust to fit the cell content but only if the user types more text into the cell after the widget is rendered. If the user initializes the cell text to be a longer string, the row height does not adjust to fit the content.

$("#spreadsheet").kendoSpreadsheet({
        sheets: [{
            name: "Food Order",           
            rows: [{                
                cells: [{
                    value: "Test longer string should cause the row height to increase but does not unless it is typed into the cell after the widget is rendered.", wrap: true
                }]
            }],
        }]
    });
ADMIN
Neli
Posted on: 15 Jul 2021 11:02

Hi Olivier,

I am afraid that the feature is not yet implemented, so I am changing the status to 'Unplanned'. 

Currently, the height of a row will be adjusted if the wrap option is set to true. For example, if initially, a short text is entered and the user enters longer text, the height of the row will get increased. Here is a Dojo to demonstrate that.

As far as I understand you need an option to adjust the width of the column. If this is correct, currently there is no suitable option that allows the column width to automatically change its size, depending on the length of the cell content. 

As there are related Feature requests for adjusting row height and column width on double-click, I would encourage you to cast your vote for those requests:

https://feedback.telerik.com/kendo-jquery-ui/1359610-spreadsheet-component-doubleclick-on-a-column

https://feedback.telerik.com/kendo-jquery-ui/1445222-double-click-on-row-header-boarder-does-not-adjust-row-height

Let me know in case you have additional questions on the matter. 

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Olivier
Posted on: 08 Jul 2021 13:25

Hello.

Is this feature (autofit column width) available yet ? and if yes, how use it ?

Thanks.

ADMIN
Ivan Danchev
Posted on: 05 Apr 2019 08:52
Hello Konstantin,

The status has been set to "Completed" by mistake. Thank you for pointing that out.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Konstantin
Posted on: 29 Mar 2019 08:09
why this issue have state "Completed", but rows autoHeight not implemented yet?
balram
Posted on: 14 Dec 2018 05:29
dcsdsfsdf
Brian
Posted on: 12 Dec 2018 18:34
I would like auto fit column width as well please.
iTai
Posted on: 01 Aug 2016 20:04
Absolutely we need that functionality, Autofit Column is indispensable working with dynamic content. Please include that soon.
Andrea
Posted on: 12 Jul 2016 14:50
This should also include autofit of column width (this has been repeatedly requested by our client)