Declined
Last Updated: 09 Feb 2021 08:03 by ADMIN
Brian
Created on: 17 Nov 2015 15:29
Category: Gantt
Type: Feature Request
In the Gantt control, remove built-in validation on Finish date
From the 2015.2 release to the 2015.3 release, the built-in validation on the Start date was removed from the left-hand treelist.  So now I can move the Start date to be after the Finish date, and the Gantt control responds by treating this as a "move".   However, there is still built-in validation on the Finish date so that I cannot move the Finish date to before the start.   I would expect the same behavior for changes in both directions.   If I change the Finish date to before the Start date, then this should also be treated as a "move", where the duration of the task is retained, and the Start is also moved back N days.

This is a trivial change to make.  I think it's removing 1 line of code.  And this would really help with usability for users who want to achieve a "move" action, but who prefer to edit their data using the left-hand treelist instead of the right-hand timeline.
3 comments
ADMIN
Maria Ivanova
Posted on: 09 Feb 2021 08:03

Hi Brian,

removing the built-in validation for the End Date would have an impact on many of the scenarios and logic in the component implementation.

As we haven't tracked high demand for this feature request over long period of time we are not in a position to consider it for implementation andneed to close it with status "Declined".

In case the demand for it grows in the future and we can re-open and review its use cases once again.

Kind Regards, Maria VeledinovaPM Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Brian
Posted on: 17 Nov 2015 15:38
Thanks for the quick reply.   I have submitted the feature request through the support system.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 17 Nov 2015 15:35
Thanks for the report, Brian. 

To escalate the resolution of this case, can you report it via our standard support channels (forums or support system) at telerik.com? Thus our colleagues will review and address it accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.