Completed
Last Updated: 21 May 2019 10:46 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 19 Oct 2015 17:19
Category: Spreadsheet
Type: Feature Request
Spreadsheet: Additional events
Currently the API is very much limited to what is possible in the frontend in my opinion. It would be great if you could add events like:
- A cell/range was selected
- A cell was cut/pasted/copied
- The context menu was initialized
- A row/column was added
- A row was added/deleted/hidden
- A cell's content was modified
9 comments
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 21 May 2019 10:45
Hey folks!

As mentioned in the release notes for the R2 2019 release, as of the latest release the Kendo UI Spreadsheet component has added the following events:

• Changing
  • DataBinding
  • DataBound
  • Paste
  • Cut
  • Copy

With these events we believe that we cover the scenarios brought up in this thread! So, I'll go ahead and mark this item as completed. However, if you feel like we missed anything (or have even more events you'd like to see) please let us know by submitting a new feedback item or finding an existing item and voting + commenting on it.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
ADMIN
Pavlina
Posted on: 05 Mar 2019 14:36
Hi,

Currently, we are working on adding additional events for the Spreadsheet component, so you can expect them as part of R2 2019 release of Kendo UI for jQuery.

Regards,
Pavlina
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
JF
Posted on: 28 Dec 2017 19:20
Also when color and font change, fire OnClientChange please
Caleb
Posted on: 18 Nov 2016 16:17
Agree with James, intercepting and/or providing options for paste event (current pasting is very slow for large amounts of data) and listening to sheet changes would be great additions.
John
Posted on: 18 Nov 2016 16:13
+1 for intercepting paste
James
Posted on: 08 Nov 2016 05:21
Any plans on when this could be available?
James
Posted on: 01 Aug 2016 06:24
We particularly care about pasting; can we intercept the paste before it writes to the grid?
* Change the data format, clear formatting, reshape the data
* Get a "onBeforePaste" which also allows it to be cancelled

I think the spreadsheet should also raise an "onSheetChanged" so we can detect when the sheets are changed.
David
Posted on: 26 Jul 2016 17:09
Having access to the exposed events when they're triggered is definitely a must.  We may end up having to write custom event hooks to intercept them in the Kendo Spreadsheet JavaScript in the meantime.
Glen
Posted on: 16 Jul 2016 17:24
I concur.  Would also like to see events for sheets:
When sheets are selected, renamed, added, removed.