Unplanned
Last Updated: 01 Dec 2023 06:21 by Markus
Otto Neff
Created on: 05 Oct 2015 12:21
Category: Spreadsheet
Type: Feature Request
Spreadsheet: Hide Columns and Row Numbers, Hide Sheets, Hide Formula Input
Somtimes you just want to give the User a little Side Calc without a full blown Sheet, just the grid with some cells able to change.
5 comments
Markus
Posted on: 01 Dec 2023 06:21

Hi,

I was in contact with Alexander in a different topic, which was about WPF suite, see here.

Want to follow up in here.

While this is in here a broad request, my focus is on the "Hide (hidden) sheets" functionality.

In our use case we provide access to a huge number of Excel files and also provide a preview using Kendo Spreadsheet.

The content of the Excel is highly dynamic and out of our control.

Many Excel are complex and contain hidden sheets. Normally when I open them locally, every Excel client will by default hide hidden sheets.

With Kendo Spreadsheets, the user is now presented with the first sheet - regardless if it was a hidden one or not. Meaning this is confusing as they are not meant to be viewed regulary.

From this point of view, it looks like a basic feature to have the option to hide hidden sheets. I would have expected this even as default option as it would be consistent to regular Excel behavior.

If the info would get transported somehow into html, it could be also done on client side, if this would reduce the effort of development. (see discussion in other thread linked on top)

Looking forward to this feature and hope this might be a "quick win", but I don't know the internals of course. Seems to be open for quite a while now. Of course, this overall request can be splitted into multiple.

Thank you very much in advance.

Markus
Posted on: 24 Nov 2023 14:44
Also have a requirement to hide hidden sheets. Any possibility to achieve this?
Nate
Posted on: 20 Jan 2021 15:57
I 100% agree with this request.
Karl Mikesell
Posted on: 16 Nov 2016 22:09
Using the CSS creates voids around the worksheet cells, it would be nice to render only cells; nothing else.
James
Posted on: 08 Nov 2016 09:02
This is all possible with CSS;

.SpreadsheetHideColHeader div.k-spreadsheet-column-header,
        .SpreadsheetHideFormulaBar div.k-spreadsheet-formula-bar,
        .SpreadsheetHideRowHeader div.k-spreadsheet-row-header,
        .SpreadsheetHideSheetBar div.k-spreadsheet-sheets-bar,
        .SpreadsheetHideActionBar div.k-spreadsheet-action-bar,
        .SpreadsheetHideTopCorner div.k-spreadsheet-top-corner {
            height: 0;
            padding: 0 !important;
            border-top-width: 0;