Telerik Kendo UI Feedback

Telerik Kendo UI is a modern HTML5, jQuery-based framework that provides everything you need to build web and mobile sites/apps with HTML and JavaScript. It is provided in three parts: Kendo UI Web, DataViz, and Mobile, and also includes server-side wrappers for ASP.NET MVC, JSP and PHP frameworks.

Download a free Kendo UI Trial
Try Kendo UI Online Demos

Help make Telerik Kendo UI better by sharing and voting on ideas here! Deal? Cool. Thanks.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. To auto save child grid when saving parent grid when creating new data

Currently Jun 2014, when saving new data on hierarchy (parent/child) grid, there is no possible way to save the header data, get the pk of the header and pass the pk to child data and save the child data.

I suggest to add a feature to auto save both parent and child data when user click save button when creating new data.
    Basically do ajax save for the parent, on success pass header's pk to do ajax save for child.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  ASP.NET MVC Wrappers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make the Upload widget bindable to a datasource

In order to be able to manage files attached to server objects, it would be nice if we could bind the Upload widget to a datasource.
      The read() method of the datasource could be used to load the widget with the list of files attached to a given server object.
      The create() method would be used to upload new files to the sever.
      The destroy() method would be used for deleting existing files on the server.

This would make the upload widget more consistent with other widgets like the combo boxes or the dropdown lists.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Kendo UI Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Notification should pause autohiding on mouse hover

I need notification hiding to be passed when hovering over a notification.

To further explain I am expecting a behavior such in following example.
        http://codeseven.github.io/toastr/demo.html

11 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Calculated grid columns

Currently, it's very difficult to set up a grid that has a calculated column, where the result is not editable by the user.

It's pretty easy to set up a javascript function to calculate and update the value using `dataItem.set("Column", value)`, but this does not work if the column is not also Editable.

Currently, you need to hack together some kind of text replacement for the Editor Template, and there doesn't appear to be a simple way to do this from the MVC wrappers. You can create a disabled or readonly textbox, but I'd prefer that it looks like those…

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  ASP.NET MVC Wrappers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 57 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • extend table initialization for grid

The current table initialization used in grid is not robust and does not supports many features. The main reason is because _columns function in grid does not leverages existing framework functionality. I propose to slightly modify the existing code responsible for parsing column configuration to use kendo.parseOptions instead of working directly with attributes. You can see my re-implementation of this function at [http://jsbin.com/pihefuva/1].

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Option to activate incell editing mode in the Grid on double-click

Based on the examples here (http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/web/grid/editing-custom.html), "incell" editing allows editing a single cell at a time. The edit mode is activated upon a single click in the cell.

I would like to have a way to combine this with "cell" selectable mode, e.g. like this?
                * A single click on a cell selects the cell and fires the "change" event.
                * A double click on a cell activates the edit mode for the cell.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Kendo UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Replace ObservableObject/Array with Object.observe/Array.observe

Replace the current implementation of ObservableObject/ObservableArray with the new js features Object.observe/Array.observe.

5 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Data Binding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Grid Keyboard Navigation Problem (please fix)

Hi, Please refer to the following forum for more detail about the problem and my suggestion:
                    http://www.telerik.com/forums/grid-row-navigation-by-keyboard#ncKqVMBBqUe5ZymNXwpFgg

Summary: I think in Grid widget, there should be difference between selectable="cell" and selectable="row" (for keyboard Up&Down Arrow navigation). or perhaps you want to add another choice, example selectable: "row cell" (to replace the current setting for "row") and the selectable = "row", just select the row not cell and also DO NOT go to grid header!
                    I believe it's good that you enhance/solve this shortcoming inside the Grid design, because developer like us who has already decided row selection (selectable: "row") during…

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Make all widgets instantly responsive

Sometimes there is a delay between when a user interacts with a widget and when something actually "happens". This is especially evident on mobile apps (e.g. AppBuilder) when there are complex bound value changes/dom changes.

An example would be clicking a button in a ButtonGroup to display a ListView that uses a remote bound DataSource which displays images and text in the list. Sometimes, in scenarios such as this, you'll click on the button of the ButtonGroup and nothing will happen for a few seconds. This makes for a poor user experience.

Since we can't make the app react instantaneously…

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Kendo UI Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • The new diagram looks like an awesome control, will it be possible to add the datawiz charts within the diagram as well?

Right now it seems to support only Shapes and Textboxes, what plans do you have for supporting Charts and perhaps any plain HTML (that would then be possible to "kendoify")?

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Kendo UI DataViz  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Support Server Side Aggregating When Grid Bound to DataTable

The documentation wrongly says that the grid will perform all server operations of paging, sorting, grouping, and aggregating whether bound to an iQueryable interface or a DataTable (http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/getting-started/using-kendo-with/aspnet-mvc/helpers/grid/faq).

It turns out, after an extensive support ticket, that the documentation is plainly wrong. I have been told that only the COUNT() aggregate is supported when doing server side operations and bound to a Grid.

My request is that this gap in functionality should be fixed so that server operations work for both iQueryable datasources and DataTables.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Data Binding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Grouping the fields ignore case sensitive

I have a grid with Column Employee Name and i have Employee names as John and john. As you see the names are same but case sensitive is different. When i group the column Employee Name. The Kendo grid treats it as separate values.

2 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Required validation for radio buttons

Add required validation support when using radio buttons. This is currently not supported out of the box. Ideally only one radio button in a group should need the required attribute, not all of them.

See forum post below for more information:

http://www.telerik.com/forums/extending-the-kendo-ui-validator-to-support-required-validation-on-radio-buttons

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Validation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Right Side Column Freeze in Kendo Grid should also be there rather than only in LHS

There is an option to freeze the left most column of the Kendo Grid by setting the lockable property.
                                But this is limited to the Left Hand Side columns only and there are no ways suggested to freeze the Right Most columns.

12 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Kendo UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Adding the id to a menu item that is created programatically

According to the documentation at:

http://docs.kendoui.com/kendo-ui/api/web/menu#configuration-dataSource

you can add the following information to a dataSource:

text
                                  cssClass
                                  url
                                  encoded
                                  content
                                  imageUrl
                                  spriteCssClass

However you cannot add an id to the menu item you are creating. This makes it very difficult to remove items by using:

menu.remove("#Item1");

The only way round this is to assign a unique class to each menu item and then remove them using:

menu.remove(".news");

If an id can be added that would be great. You have an example here:

http://docs.kendoui.com/kendo-ui/api/web/menu#methods-remove

Which is what we would like to do except the items will be created via a program…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Enable "Binding" for Drag and Drop

The "Drag and Drop" system in Kendo is pretty good, but it has the distinct characteristic of being pretty much DOM only; It won't really "bind" to underlying data.

This would be an extremely useful feature - the "suggested fix" for this right now is to use the kendo ListView and do a search for GUID on the events firing, and while this isn't really "bad", it's pretty cumbersome and kind of obtuse most of the time.

I have spent extensive time looking at the source code for Drag and Drop, and it would not be very difficult to give…

2 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Kendo UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • to add section separator on kendo.format

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0c899ak8(v=vs.110).aspx describes all sorts of format strings which can be used in formatting templates. For example, if one wants a conditional on positive, negative, and zero values, one can use such format "{0:N2};neg{0:N2};no value". Search in the link for Section Separator

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Kendo UI DataViz  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Add new event to the Validator, raised only by validateInput

The currently existing 'validate' event is only triggered on submit of the form or by developer code. Ideally, an event should be available that is raised by any unobtrusive validation event.

Ádd new event to the Validator, raised by validateInput. This will allow custom handling of validation errors, even when the user is not trying to submit the form.

Usage : for example, toggling bootstrap 'has-error' class on the parent element 'form-group'.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Validation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Add support for group mask sections in the MaskedTextBox widget.

Instead of only supporting single character masks, I suggest support be added for group masks.

Example:

$("#time").kendoMaskedTextBox({
                                          mask: "HH:MM TT",
                                          rules: {
                                          "HH" : /^(([0]?[1-9])|([1][0-2]))/,
                                          "MM": /(([0-5][0-9])|([1-9]))/,
                                          "TT": /[AaPp][Mm]$/
                                          }
                                          });

or

$("#time").kendoMaskedTextBox({
                                          mask: "t",
                                          rules: {
                                          "t" : /^(([0]?[1-9])|([1][0-2])):(([0-5][0-9])|([1-9])) [AaPp][Mm]$/
                                          }
                                          });

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base