Kendo UI Feedback

Kendo UI by Progess is a modern HTML5, jQuery-based framework that provides everything you need to build web and mobile sites/apps with HTML and JavaScript. It includes optional server-side wrappers for ASP.NET MVC, JSP and PHP frameworks.

Download a free Kendo UI Trial
Try Kendo UI Online Demos

Help make Kendo UI better by sharing and voting on ideas here! Deal? Cool. Thanks.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Insert Kendo MVC Extension

A feature like devexpress MVC "Insert DevExpress MVC Extension" would be a great help preparing an MVC cshtml mark-up with Telerik MVC extensions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  MVC Installer and VS Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Provide Visual Studio Intellisense support in the HTML.

Expanding (or at least re-requesting) the improvement requested here http://kendoui-feedback.telerik.com/forums/127393-telerik-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/2245003-provide-visual-studio-intellisense-support-all-aro as I dont believe "all around" was delivered at Q2 2012. The many attributes and control tags that kendo supplies is not in intellisense in the HTML pages as you write them, angular does it so I'm fairly certain it's doable for Kendo too...

28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  MVC Installer and VS Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • allow selecting themes and languages in MVC update wizard

When installing new version to a solution, all themes and languages are included. I would like to be able to select which themes and languages are included. Also, since most developers are using source control, maybe the option "create backup" could remember the choice made.

7 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Provide more examples on TreeView Editing - Adding a node, drag and drop a branch, updating a node information, deleting a node.

Although the Tree view is very powerful on displaying the tree structure, modifying it is very frustrating. We almost go for a separate module for maintaining the info. SOme examples here may be very helpful, especially for Kendo novices.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Wizards should support custom installations, not always install all 600 files

Current Telerik MVC wizards for converting a project or creating a new Telerik project adds all possible Telerik files to the solution and also new Views under the shared folder.

As it is now, I include about FIVE Telerik script and css files in my views, but my project includes about 600 Telerik files in the /content and /script folders together. That is not ok and makes for very large and unnecessary complex solutions containing mostly unused code that makes the project difficult to overlook for an outside developer. In our company we like the solutions to only include files…

12 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  MVC Installer and VS Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Integrate Custom Builder Tool selection into Visual Studio extension

Currently, if a developer wants to include only those files required for the extensions that are actually used in a project, they have to either figure the requirements out manually, or use the Custom Download tool at http://www.telerik.com/download/custom-download.

It would make the Visual Studio extension much more useful if the same functionality was available there; instead of dumping all of the JS and CSS files into the project, allow the developer to select the wrappers to include, and only include the CSS (and relevant assets) for the selected theme.

11 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  MVC Installer and VS Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • add a VS extension to place widgets in the view with corresponding action methods.

add a VS extension to place and configure widgets in the view with corresponding action methods.
                The heavy data aware widgets (grid, scheduler) first.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • IntelliSense support for Angular directives

Please add IntelliSense support for Angular directives in Visual Studio 2013 so this won't cause the 'green underline' error message.

<div kendo-grid="myGrid" k-data-source="customerDataSource"></div>

7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Include non minified versions of js files in upgrade

Include an x.js as well as x.min.js files in the upgrades. MVC's bundle config by default does not include the .min file in debug mode.

16 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • ASP.Net Project Template

Given the release of ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2, is it possible to create custom project templates.

It will be extremely nice if we can get editor intelligence with kendoui widgets when using plain JS, specially with the template engine.

Some simple examples about this can be found at the end of thhis article.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ReleasedASPNETAndWebTools20122InContext.aspx

5 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Update only currently used skins through the Upgrade Wizard

The Upgrade Wizard should provide an option to only update currently used skins rather than adding all skins each time a project is upgraded.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Set custom names for unit test and OpenAccess projects in Kendo UI for MVC new project wizard

Make it possible to use custom names for the unit test and OpenAccess projects while creating a new Kendo UI for MVC project.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Improve Kendo for MVC test project in project templates

The Kendo UI for MVC project template creates a blank test project. It would be nice if it had default code generated like the standard MVC project templates do.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Don't see your idea?

Kendo UI Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base